Truck Accident Lawyers in Johnson City
Decades of Experience Advocating for Accident Victims
Most commercial truck drivers are well-trained and follow the strict rules and regulations expected of them. However, failure to exercise responsibility and care when operating an 18-wheeler or another type of large truck can cause life-altering consequences simply due to the vehicle’s size compared to that of regular automobiles. Truck crashes can also occur with other commercial trucks, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists—nearly always with devastating results.
Whether the truck driver was ignoring the rules of the road, was unfit to drive, or was not following company protocol when a crash occurs, victims often suffer from catastrophic injuries and serious property damage.
At The Haynes Firm, our Johnson City truck accident attorneys represent clients seeking compensation to cover the costs of any physical and material damage from the accident. We’re ready to do the same for you.
Determining Liability after an Accident
Trucking companies are responsible for ensuring that their drivers are well-trained, competent, and follow all necessary safety guidelines. Failure to do so can result in serious injuries or even death. In such cases, our truck crash litigation lawyers are here to help. We use our experience, legal resources, and knowledge to represent victims injured in a truck accident through no fault of their own.
Any number of parties could be responsible for the trucking accident that left you injured. An attorney can investigate your case to help determine who should be held liable.
Common liable parties include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Owners of trucks/trailers
- Shippers or loaders of trucks’ cargo
- Owners of the leasing companies that lent trucks out
- Manufacturers of trucks or manufacturers of truck parts
Proving fault can be difficult, especially when you’re up against a large trucking company. Insurance providers of these companies will do everything in their power to avoid paying victims after an accident, which is why you’ll need an experienced, proven lawyer fighting on your behalf.
How We Can Help with Your Case
The Haynes Firm has extensive experience in handling truck accident claims in Johnson City and the surrounding areas. We know that, when it comes to these types of cases, details are important. Your attorney will investigate the details of the truck crash, including what caused the collision and who witnessed the crash. This often involves deploying accident reconstruction experts to examine the scene of the wreck, the truck and other vehicles involved (including review of available data on electronic control modules), and other evidence to reconstruct what occurred. The attorneys you hire need to have the financial resources and know how to properly investigate and prosecute these complex cases.
Our Johnson City truck accident lawyers know the importance of:
- Preserving all evidence and available eyewitness statements, including those from law enforcement and emergency medical personnel
- Hiring industry experts to reconstruct the crash, identify Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act violations, and address issues such as conspicuity, root cause analysis, human factors, and more
- Documenting all evidence in order to present the most thorough case possible
- Filing all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Fighting for the compensation the victim(s) deserve
At The Haynes Firm, our truck wreck attorneys have more than 70 years of combined experience handling injury cases like yours. To date, we’ve successfully secured millions of dollars for the individuals and families we have represented in Tennessee. We’re here to help you, too.
Recent Truck Wreck Cases Handled By Our Firm Include:
- Truck driver taking shortcuts through mountainous back roads, causing catastrophic collision with motorcyclist
- Truck driver fails to yield, turns in front of motorcyclist, causing death
- Truck driver strikes and kills pedestrian
At Our Firm, You Are Never a Number
The Haynes Firm has been named a U.S. News and World Report’s Tier I Best Law Firm in personal injury law, and we would be honored to serve as your legal advocate. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, do not hesitate to contact our attorneys.
“You all are the best.”- Rebecca C.
“I highly recommend Mr. Haynes and if I ever need any lawyer service again, I will be contacting them again.”- F. S.
“They went above and beyond my expectations!”- Amanda