Kingsport Car Accident Attorneys
70+ Years of Combined Legal Experience
The Haynes Firm is committed to bringing the most reliable legal services for car accident victims and their families throughout Kingsport. We know that you are going through a lot after being hit by a negligent, drunk, or distracted driver. You do not need legal complications piled on top of what you are already handling. When you choose us to be your legal representatives, you can trust that the bulk of your claim or lawsuit will be taken off your shoulders and into our capable hands.
Discover how you can seek compensation from the driver who hit you today by dialing (423) 451-4999.
What is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident Claim?
Following an accident, your financial situation could be in distress. While you are trying to recuperate from your injuries, you might be missing weeks of work and, therefore, valuable paychecks. As time goes on, the chances of regaining a financial foothold could become more and more dependent on your car accident claim ending in a successful settlement or verdict.
How much can you expect your settlement to be, based on the average amount for cases like yours? Unfortunately, this question is not one that can be accurately answered because there are no cases exactly like yours. Every car accident claim is unique due to its varying details and circumstances, such as who caused the accident, the extent of everyone’s injuries, relevant insurance caps, and more.
For example, damages that might apply to your car accident claim include:
- Emergency medical treatment costs
- Hospitalization and rehabilitation fees
- Vehicle repair or replacement bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity due to disability
- Pain and suffering (see more below)
What you can be certain about after an accident is that our Kingsport car accident lawyers are ready to fight for you from start to finish. We use our decades of combined experience to carefully calculate your damages to demand the maximum amount possible from the liable party or parties. Whether you are owed $50,000 or $5,000,000, our team will be ready to pursue it to the full extent of our impressive abilities.
Noneconomic Damages in a Car Accident Claim
One important type of damage to consider after a car accident claim is noneconomic damage. In an injury claim, noneconomic damage is comprised of any sort of suffering or hardship that cannot be easily recorded on a bill, receipt, or paystub. For example, you could be provided additional financial compensation from the liable party that reflects how much you have struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after the crash. Many drivers experience PTSD after a violent accident, which makes it difficult to start driving again, especially along the same route as the accident.
Noneconomic damages are often calculated using one of two methods:
- Per day or diem: Using the per diem method, our attorneys will calculate a dollar amount that fairly represents your overall suffering. The amount is multiplied by how many days have passed since your accident, up until your pain dissipated or your claim was settled, whichever comes first. Imagine your noneconomic damage value is set at $1,000 and you suffered from your injuries for 100 days. In this situation, your noneconomic damage demand would be $100,000.
- Multiplicative: Using the multiplicative method, our attorneys tabulate your economic damages – medical bills, lost wages, property repair costs, etc. – and multiply that total amount by a number deemed to fairly represent your pain and suffering. Imagine your economic damages totaled to $50,000 and you were in pain for 5 months. We might decide the correct multiplier in this situation is 5, so your noneconomic demand would total $250,000.
How Much is an Attorney for a Car Accident?
Do you need to reach for your wallet before you can even begin your car accident claim? Not if you choose the Kingsport car accident attorneys of The Haynes Firm! We proudly offer contingency fee agreements to our car accident clients.
A contingency fee agreement allows you to hire our lawyers without any financial risk up front. We will only get paid if we end your case with a favorable verdict or settlement in your name. Contingency fees also set up a percentage-based payment amount, which means we only get paid a certain percentage of your total settlement or verdict. As a local law firm that cares about our communities, we try to keep our contingency fees competitive and fair, letting our clients feel confident that they will get to enjoy their financial awards after a successful case result.
“Wrapped up the case quickly. Working tirelessly to get us settled and done! Olen Haynes Jr and all the staff at the Haynes firm are amazing! Highly recommend”- Mica
“We recently contacted Mr. Haynes about a possible medical malpractice. Although we ultimately did not have a case he was easily contacted and exhausted all possible avenues to confirm procedures administered by medical staff were necessary and life saving.”- Michelle
“Recently I had an accident case settled by the Haynes firm. Olen Haynes Jr. went above and beyond to make it happen, it wasn't easy with the covid situation but he worked diligently and got the case settled. I appreciate everything he and the staff did for”- Patricia