About Olen Haynes, Sr.
40+ Years of Personal Injury Experience in Tennessee
As the son of a Methodist minister, Mr. Haynes called many areas in Tennessee
and elsewhere “home” before settling in Johnson City permanently
after graduation from law school. Mr. Haynes represents clients throughout
the state of Tennessee and beyond, working hard to file claims on behalf
of injured victims.
Along with retired lawyer, Robert “Don” Arnold, Mr. Haynes,
Sr. founded The Haynes Firm (formerly Arnold, Haynes & Sanders) 40
years ago. Mr. Haynes has been practicing in the areas of
medical malpractice, and aviation law for
over 40 years.
To put this experience to work for you,
contact our Johnson City offices online.
Honors & Awards
A renowned trial attorney, Olen Haynes, Sr. has frequently been recognized
by his peers and given the honor of lecturing on trial topics throughout
the state of Tenneessee.
- Lectured on Trial Tactics
- The Best Lawyers in America® - medical malpractice & personal injury
Super Lawyer® - medical malpractice & personal injury
- Best Lawyers Tri-Cities Personal Injury Litigator of the Year for 2011 and 2013
- Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year for 2017
- Tennessee’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers
Mr. Haynes has obtained some of the highest jury awards in the region in
both state and federal courts.
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Served
- American College of Trial Lawyers®, Inducted as a Fellow
Personal & Professional Experience You Can Count On
Outside of the courtroom, he remains very active, enjoying hiking, running,
bicycling, and weight training. He also serves on the Board of Trustees
at his church.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1968
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Past President
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District, Past President
If you would like to retain Mr. Haynes’ extensive knowledge for your
case, please call 423-451-4999 to schedule your
free initial consultation.