About Olen Haynes, Jr.
Helping the Injured for 17+ Years
Mr. Haynes began his law practice in the United States Navy ‘JAG’
Corps, refining his trial skills while prosecuting federal criminal cases,
with much of his work focused on the criminal prosecution of those responsible
for sexual crimes against children. The trial experience gained as a Navy
prosecutor has proven to be an invaluable asset in pursuing justice on
behalf of individuals who have been injured from other’s wrongdoing.
After completing his service with ‘JAG’ in 2001, Mr. Haynes
joined the firm, focusing his practice on trial work, including medical
malpractice, auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents, product liability,
and structural defects.
- American Bar Association - Outstanding Young Military Lawyer of the Year
- BOPP “Victim’s Voice Award”, 2010
- Recognition of Victim Advocacy for the State of Tennessee, District I
- Mid-South Super Lawyers - medical malpractice and personal injury
- Rising Stars® - medical malpractice and personal injury
- Awarded a Top 40 Under 40, State of Tennessee
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the State of Tennessee by The National Trial Lawyers
Background & Personal Experience
With over 17 years of trial and litigation experience, Mr. Haynes remains
actively involved in the community and his church. He has served as an
Elder, Sunday school teacher, and Deacon.
He is a former chair of the Children’s Advocacy Center of the first
judicial district board of directors. His most recent work as a Board
Member was with “Girls on the Run,” a program designed to
instill confidence and promote respect for oneself and others through
educational programs and the power of running.
Mr. Haynes is an avid runner, and also enjoys weight training and spending
time with his wife and children.
- Wofford College, B.A., cum laude honors - 1995
- University of Tennessee, J.D., cum laude honors - 1998
- Naval Justice School
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Federal Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
If you need legal help from our skilled personal injury lawyer in Johnson City,
contact The Haynes Firm at 423-451-4999 to schedule a